The last two weeks I have been working on this.
I knew I would give it to my co-worker, Tom. We have been working together for 13 years now. He is like an uncle I never knew I had until I was 35. He will be 80 this summer, works a few hours a day - he will never retire. I wasn't sure when I would give it to him. Too late for Christmas and not a good gift for July birthday.
He had a little "bump in the road" last weekend. So Tuesday when I left work, I left it on his chair with a little note: To Tom from Linda, too keep you warm while you nap in your recliner
Wednesday morning he gave me a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and told me I was a special lady. Of course we were both all teary.
Its made from Caron simply soft yarn, simple double crochet, three rows then one row, lots of colors.


This is beautiful! And especially because you put so much love into it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I enjoyed making it for him.
Delete