- Am almost done with the top of Jill's quilt. She hasn't seen it yet, hard to keep it a secret when my sewing "room" is really just a wide spot in the hall. She walks through there several times a day.
- 2 more prayer shawls donated to church.(this makes 11 so far)
- Almost done with a lap afghan, also for church. (my 4th) I think its a nice idea that our UMW donates these. However, yarn is not cheap. Is there a polite way to ask that those in the group who don't knit or crochet to contribute to a yarn fund?
- I made 40 dish cloths. I can make a pair in an afternoon when work is quiet.Some will be donated to our church bazaar this fall, others I keep on hand for gifts.
- Working on a white baby afghan for etsy.
- Also have a ripple baby girl afghan in progress. Will be donated to our church bazaar this fall.
- Have a scarf in progress, red and yellow.
- Bought some yarn to make a rug for Jill's dorm room. Lime green, white, and little flecks of blue and yellow. She is so not a pink girl like her sister!
- I also crocheted a cotton rug. Hope to list it on etsy soon.
Speaking of etsy
da da ta da!
Here is our shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/allisondairyland
(That was one of the many names Allison got called in college, very fitting for a farm girl I think)
Anyway.....Allison has some hats listed. Only one sale so far, but its not really hat season. Please stop buy. I have some pillows to finish that should be on there next week. And share with your friends or pin please :)
In other news:
We had 10 and a half inches of rain over the weekend. We are on high ground so we had a some run off and our driveway washed. But a little town near us is devastated. Hard to believe just last summer we were in a terrible drought.