Thursday, August 8, 2013

Derek, updated

Sunday, our small town was stunned by the accidental death of a 9 year old boy. All week there has just been this dark cloud over the whole town. 

I don't really know the family. I do know they are active in the community, always there to lend a helping hand to any project or donate to a good cause.

Someone started a facebook page,  random acts of kindness in memory of him. I know I will be doing somethings to honor this little boy, not sure what yet. Doubt I will post about it on facebook, just something anonymous. 

Maybe with a note to be thankful for your family, your friends, the beauty around you - or  baseball. Derek loved baseball. 

If you are on facebook, you can follow  #actsofkindessforderek  Over 9000 followers, which is remarkable since there are only 2000 people in the whole town.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the child's lose. I know April when Dad died he had lived a wonderful life of 84 years. Then you have a child who only lived 9. I guess God needs different aged Angels for special reason. Prayers for the family.

    ReplyDelete